Old 29-06-2007, 09:28 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
BoyPete BoyPete is offline

Default Algae in corners of pond

Interesting thread. All sorts (salts ) of chemical stuff being
recomended. I started my pond in May '06, about 650 gals. I hoped to avoid
the use of chemicals by good management and filtering. Heavy planting, which
is now flourishing, to the point I need to prune stuff back to see the
water, a dozen or so fish (4 of which were born in the pond) all thriving,
and growing at a rapid rate, particularly two koi. Ph at about 8.5,
nitrate/nitrite/ammonia all zero. No chemicals. Some string algea, but
nothing to be bothered with.
--
ßôyþëtë
London, UK