Old 30-06-2007, 02:04 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Paul Paul is offline

Default Algae in corners of pond

Could i use a pool ph test just to see if it shows the level??
"~ jan" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 02:05:44 CST, "Paul" wrote:

I have just posted a question about my pump. Now i noticed a lot of string
type algae in the corners of the pond and a lot of algae in the filters
them
selves, but the water is clear and test strips say water is good. I made a
skippy type filter which worked great last year, but this year, not so
great. Have the same amount of fish. My water hyacinths are doing really
poor. They won't grow, just seem to turn brown or just stay the
same....Any

Dying WH are a good indication of possible too high a pH. What are the
numbers on your test strips claiming? What is the expiration date of the
strips? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us