Old 31-03-2003, 06:44 AM
B & J

Default Deer fence

"DavesVideo" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how to keep the deer out of my garden?

I have had pretty good luck with an electric fence. It is a single wire

at
about 3' height and even though they could easily jump it, I think that

because
it is hard to see, they learn to stay away from that area.

Dave

Dave's right about deer learning to stay away from an electric fence. I had
a huge deer problem until we put one around our yard late last summer after
the miserable things ate down an apple tree and killed a five year old maple
by shredding its bark. They ate everything, including the roses, tulips, and
golden rain tree. We have two strands of fine aluminum wire around our yard,
one at 1 1/2 feet high and the other at 3 1/2 feet. When it's on, they stay
out. We had a dusk to dawn timer on it that we changed to 24 hours after
they started showing up in the yard during the day. There have been no deer
since.

John

John