Old 30-06-2007, 04:45 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Algae in corners of pond

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 19:04:03 CST, "Paul" wrote:

Could i use a pool ph test just to see if it shows the level??

Dying WH are a good indication of possible too high a pH. What are the
numbers on your test strips claiming? What is the expiration date of the
strips? ~ jan

Sure, but the pool testers I'm familiar with, IIRC, don't go much above 8.0
either.

Basically if you've got a test kit that measures to 8.2 and you get a
measurement of 8.0, you can feel fairly confident that it is 8.0 (assuming
the reagents are fresh). If the test kits top mark is 8.2 and you get a
reading of 8.2 one can't be confident that 8.2 is the highest the water
will test. Why I like Nutrafin/Hagen's Wide Range, it tests from 4.5 - 9.0.
~ jan

Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us