Old 30-06-2007, 05:55 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Algae in corners of pond

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 01:03:41 CST, "George"
wrote:

If your drinking water
contains chlorides AND TDSs close to the allowable limit, you will have a
relatively high salinity (as freshwater goes), and that can affect your Ph.
That was the reason I asked the question.

I have no salt in my tap water/water source, but add up to .1% in my
pond every winter and have noticed no change in pH readings. I
thought pH was a relationship between hydrogen ions. How does salt
effect the relationship?

Regards,

Hal