Old 30-06-2007, 05:55 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Test Kit

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 18:25:28 CST, "Paul" wrote:

Does anyone have a web site i could go to and purchase a water test kit for
ponds that "does not" cost a whole lot of money and easy/simple to use??/
Thanks........

I like this one:
http://tinyurl.com/2koxyr
I usually replace it each spring so dating isn't a problem and I
always have solution left over, even looking at ponds other than my
own.
Plus a salt test kit like this:
http://tinyurl.com/2p7knt
Or, you could choose one of these refractors:
http://tinyurl.com/2swkvp
I am familiar with the drops and find them adequate.

I must admit the pH scale only goes to 8.8 on this kit and if you have
high pH you might choose to get one that goes to 9. Personally if my
pH reaches 8.8 and/or darker than the chart color, I will dump in
baking soda immediately and consider water changes and acid next.
(Baking soda will top out at 8.4 and in some cases reduce pH to that
number.)

Regards,

Hal