Old 30-06-2007, 08:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default don't you just love frogs in the garden!?

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"rachael simpson" wrote in message
Late yesterday afternoon, I was out checking the garden & flowers before a
storm came. Had boo-coodles of peppers, picked 2 to go along with supper,
and came in. All we had was a lightening storm by the way, once again, no
rain. This morning I go out, cut some collards, pick some crook-neck
squash, cucumbers, and dig a few pototoes. Go around to pick my peppers,
and guess what?? None, no peppers to be seen at all. What else do I find?
3 toad homes. Now last year, one night I caught a frog eating my peppers.
Guess it came back this year and brought some friends for a "pepper"
party. Oh well, so much for hot pepper with my collards..............

Frogs eat hot peppers??? How do they reach them? Are your plants laying on
the ground?

I wasn't just talking hot peppers, the bell peppers too. No, they are
not laying on the ground. The plants are short and the peppers are
hanging down towards the ground. They eat the ends off, like deer and
rabbits. I'm not talking tree frogs, it's toads and bull frogs. They
are big enough to reach plants you know