Old 30-06-2007, 08:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default don't you just love frogs in the garden!?

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"rachael simpson" wrote in message
Late yesterday afternoon, I was out checking the garden & flowers before a
storm came. Had boo-coodles of peppers, picked 2 to go along with supper,
and came in. All we had was a lightening storm by the way, once again, no
rain. This morning I go out, cut some collards, pick some crook-neck
squash, cucumbers, and dig a few pototoes. Go around to pick my peppers,
and guess what?? None, no peppers to be seen at all. What else do I find?
3 toad homes. Now last year, one night I caught a frog eating my peppers.
Guess it came back this year and brought some friends for a "pepper"
party. Oh well, so much for hot pepper with my collards..............

Frogs eat hot peppers??? How do they reach them? Are your plants laying on
the ground?

Lying, Joe. Lying. Unless Rachael's plants are more "active" pollinators
than mine. Now run for it. Persephone will be along any minute with a
rolled-up copy of the L.A. Times.
--
Billy