Old 30-06-2007, 10:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone Persephone is offline

Default Lycopene in tomatoes

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 08:23:51 -0700, Billy Rose
wrote:

In article , Persephone
wrote:

Interesting article on new cherry tomato raisin developed in Israel.
(who knew there was such a thing?)

http://tinyurl.com/2tmmm9

First 3 'graphs:

=================

Eating your vegetables just got a whole lot healthier. An Israeli
company has just created a new tasty tomato that is high in natural
antioxidants that can help treat and prevent disease.

Naturally bred to include high amounts of the compound lycopene,
previously available only as a dietary supplement, the
Israeli-developed Lyc-O-Mato brand self-dried cherry tomato raisin
will now be available as a food additive.

Lycopene is a nutrient and antioxidant that is naturally occurring in
small quantities in vegetables such as tomatoes. It has been suggested
that it can help treat cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes,
osteoporosis, and even male infertility. It is also useful in
supporting skin health.

================

P.

This idea is still born as far as I'm concerned until the Palestinians
get their land back. I will buy nothing Israeli, although I know many
good people live there. That should be enough to derail the group for
awhile.

Uh, oh! So much for our relationship.

Suggestion: Do a little research rather than relying on shrill Arab
lies; they are expert at manipulating media and people.

Don't bother to reply, as I will no longer be reading your posts.

P.

[..]