Old 31-03-2003, 08:32 AM
Frank Mamone

Default nutrafin CO2 system

Yes, they're supposed to flow into the diffuser However, if the outlet is
not pushed in enough or the slant is facing the wrong way it will not work
properly.
Also, as it says in the documentation, it's normal that the bubbles from a
new batch may not stay in the diffuser at first.

HTH,

-Frank

"Dave" wrote in message
Hello from Mississauga,

I recently set up a 33 gallon planted tank and purchased one of these
Nutrafin thingys. I have a few questions about the bubble dispenser that
attaches to the side of the tank with suction cups. Are the bubbles
supposed to flow directly out of the airtubing into the dispenser?? The
bubbles from my unit just flow out of the tubbing at the bottom and bypass
the dispenser (for the most part)...and flow up to the top of the water

and
then pop. I thought they should get trapped in the dispenser...so I
attached a small pce of plastic to the bottom to guide the bubbles

directly
into the dispenser. When I did that....all the bubbles went directly into
it....and then flowed up each level of the dispenser...and then flowed out
the top of it to the surface and popped. No bubbles actually stayed in

the
dispenser...they just flowed out level by level up to the top.

Are the bubbles all supposed to go into the dispenser?? Is it normal for
the bubbles to flow to the surface without entering the dispenser?? Some
bubbles get caught in it...but not many.

How is the dispenser supposed to work?? How does CO2 stay in the water??

Any help appreciated...

Dave