Old 30-06-2007, 11:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default don't you just love frogs in the garden!?

rachael simpson wrote:
Manelli Family wrote:

"rachael simpson" wrote in message
Late yesterday afternoon, I was out checking the garden & flowers
before a
storm came. Had boo-coodles of peppers, picked 2 to go along with
supper,
and came in. All we had was a lightening storm by the way, once
again, no
rain. This morning I go out, cut some collards, pick some crook-neck
squash, cucumbers, and dig a few pototoes. Go around to pick my
peppers,
and guess what?? None, no peppers to be seen at all. What else do I
find?
3 toad homes. Now last year, one night I caught a frog eating my
peppers.
Guess it came back this year and brought some friends for a "pepper"
party. Oh well, so much for hot pepper with my collards..............

Frogs and toads do not eat peppers.

I'll try to get pics later to post...................

You really should -- it might make you famous since no frog or toad I've
heard of or seen documented is a herbivore (or frugivore, since a pepper
really is fruit) after the tadpole stage. Oh. And make sure that the
peppers in question haven't been damaged by some other likely creature
like a rabbit and then gave refuge to some insects that would attract
the frog. Send your pictures to experts at several universities and you
may make it into at least a scholarly paper.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]