Old 01-07-2007, 07:46 AM posted to rec.gardens
sherwindu sherwindu is offline

Default Lycopene in tomatoes

Rose,

You are an idiot. I hope you never get to taste any Israeli products. Maybe you
should offer the Palestinians a home in your town. Who cares what you think about
Israel's policies. You obviously know nothing about the situation over there.
Your
comments don't belong in a gardening site.

Sherwin D.

Billy Rose wrote:

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 18:52:56 -0700, Billy Rose
wrote:

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 14:24:02 -0700, Persephone wrote:

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 08:23:51 -0700, Billy Rose
wrote:

In article , Persephone
wrote:

Interesting article on new cherry tomato raisin developed in Israel.
(who knew there was such a thing?)

http://tinyurl.com/2tmmm9

First 3 'graphs:

=================

Eating your vegetables just got a whole lot healthier. An Israeli
company has just created a new tasty tomato that is high in natural
antioxidants that can help treat and prevent disease.

Naturally bred to include high amounts of the compound lycopene,
previously available only as a dietary supplement, the
Israeli-developed Lyc-O-Mato brand self-dried cherry tomato raisin
will now be available as a food additive.

Lycopene is a nutrient and antioxidant that is naturally occurring in
small quantities in vegetables such as tomatoes. It has been suggested
that it can help treat cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes,
osteoporosis, and even male infertility. It is also useful in
supporting skin health.

================

P.

This idea is still born as far as I'm concerned until the Palestinians
get their land back. I will buy nothing Israeli, although I know many
good people live there. That should be enough to derail the group for
awhile.

Uh, oh! So much for our relationship.

Suggestion: Do a little research rather than relying on shrill Arab
lies; they are expert at manipulating media and people.

Don't bother to reply, as I will no longer be reading your posts.

What the **** are you going on about? Did you bother to understand
what Billy was saying? I try not to buy anything Chinese....what the
hell do you have to say about that?

He said nothing about race, nor religion.....it was a political
statement. What.... do we now have to worry about dropping th I-bomb,
along with the N-bomb and the J-bomb, maybe the C-bomb or the
A-bomb......and all the other-bombs? Yeah, I'm sure the TLA boys just
tagged this post, so go ahead, step right up and play.

Perhaps *you* should do a little research on media manipulation and
ownership and read more carefully what is posted.

Your response to Billy sucked, along with your hissy-fit. Non-elitist
sow, my ass.

Charlie

Losing your dream is hard Charlie. Persephone is a good person but she
is looking for Zero Mostel and finding Moshe Dayan, who would look more
comfortable in a panzer tank.

Of course losing your dream is hard. We all need to realize that and
accept it and accept the loss of dreams That Persephone is a good
person goes without saying. I was surprised by her reaction to your
observation.

The American government looked the other way when Saddam Hussein was
gassing the Kurds. What do you think they would do for the "only
democracy" in the middle east? Give them a couple of extra weeks to use
cluster weapons, maybe?

Going down this road is pointless. This has been discussed ad nauseaum
and is accepted as fact by any thinking and caring person.

Unfortunately, so many in power are uncaring, and so many following are
unthinking.

Logic won't work with Persephone, she has an emotional connection that
will be hard for her to break.

Much as we see in the US, eh? Greatest nation on earth, one nation
under, which was founded upon genocide and oligarchy.

Ashkenazi,,, Sephardi....how many understand the history, and the
animosity and prejudice practiced within, and by, Israel herself?

I don't have a very good handle on the mid-east situation, it is a long
an difficult history to follow and understand, but Persephone's
reaction was as she condemns.

Fisk can analyze, but Billy cannot? Screw that noise, my friend.

Charlie

You got it my friend, loud and clear. Unfortunately so did Cynthia
McKinny and Norman G. Finkelstein and they both got creamed. Beware
AIPAC.
--
Billy