Old 01-07-2007, 03:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Misshapen Cattleya blossoms

Geo King is of course one of the most wonderful Catts extant.

Since you don't use pesticides than I'd say we have to look to not growing
Marlene 'like other catts.'' Classy Lady is also named and hybridized by a
member of my society. Its grandparent Norma Cee is a complex hybrid a mix
of just about every catt on the planet. The other parent is Geo King. so 2
doses of Geo King. Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing. I have a b&w
picture of Pot Classy Lady, and it looks almost like Marlene and Geo King.

Now, my Geo King grows alongside everything else.........

I guess I have no other advice.

K Barrett

"Kingfish" wrote in message
Thanks for the info. I don't use any pesticides at all except for an
occasional dousing with Physan 20 (and I mean once or twice a year).
Otherwise I refrain from using them. I'll look out for the George King
varieties. I have a couple of flats of George King 'Serendipity' that are
up and coming so I'll keep a special eye on those. They look very strong
so far. No flowers yet, but the first could be this winter.

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
I've had 3 Marlene Lundquists (its named for one of the founding members
of