Old 01-07-2007, 12:32 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JoeT[_2_] JoeT[_2_] is offline

Default Pond PVC? :-)

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
I was going to use ABS for my bottom drain, but each coupling is another
chance for a leak and I need about 3 joins. Plus the couplings will make
the pipe that much bigger, something I don't need for my tunneling project.
But I was on the Home Depot site and I saw this flexible PVC. It's funny
looking stuff, kinda looks like non kink hose with the ridges filled in. It
looks different than the standard sprinkler PVC I've seen. I checked a
couple of pond sites and one carries the funny looking stuff and the other
looks more like the standard PVC I'm used too. But it's a little hard to
tell from the blurry pictures.

So does the funny stuff exist or is it my imagination? How does it compare
to the standard flexible PVC?

The "funny stuff" is reinforced. It's generally less susceptible to kinking
and crushing than the standard flexible pvc.
When it comes to construction of the bottom drain, the bigger the inside
diameter and more solid the attachment and support structure (especially at
the drain) the better in the long run. That's the last part of the build you
want to deal with doing over. grin

joe