Old 01-07-2007, 07:41 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Robert Reznikoff Robert Reznikoff is offline

Default Floodinig vs. Starving

Frequently, my gas engine dies and I have trouble restarting. The problem
is, I am not sure if the engine is starved for gas or is flooded. Obviously
I don't want to choke the engine if it is flooded, but on the other hand if
it is starved for gas it needs to be choked. How do I determine which is
the case? This is in reference to 4 cycle engine, but I think the same
holds true for a 2 cycle engine.