Old 01-07-2007, 07:42 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
CWatters CWatters is offline

Default String trimmer string breaks too often

"Robert Reznikoff" wrote in message
I've read previous advice about using only the tip end of the string for
trimming. I try to do that, but most of my trimming are weeds that grow
next to a fence. I have gone from a .80 string to 1.15 string with no

better
results. Is there a more pliable string that doesn't break so easily. I
seem to spend more time replacing the string than I do trimming!

Get a strimmer that feeds string at the push of a button. Buy generic string
and rewind your own reels.

I guess someone might make string out of kevlar but I haven't seen any.
Would be expensive as well.