Old 01-07-2007, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CWatters CWatters is offline

Default OT Is this a record?

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Depressing, isn't it? ;-(

Some years back my wife and went abroad at christmas instead of in the
summer. We went to the Canaries, sat on the beach and explored the island in
an open top jeep. Didn't heard a single Christmas song for the whole week.
Fantastic. Came back when christmas was all over feeling a million dollars -
much better than after a summer holiday. No presents to buy, no need to
entertain visitors, no bottles of booze with naff names. Highly recommended.

According to one report in the UK we spend around £700 per family on
Christmas.

According to http://www.directline-holidays.co.uk/ Two people can fly to the
canaries for a week self catering over Christmas 2007/8 for £816 (plus food
obviously).