Old 01-07-2007, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter James[_2_] Peter James[_2_] is offline

Default Courgettes

I purchased two small courgette plants from my local garden centre back
in March/April. One was the variety "Ambassador" a F1 hybrid that seems
to be well recommended in the gardening web sites. It has been a
conspicuous failure. Every fruit so far has rotted off before it gets
to a size worth picking. The other, alas I don't know the variety as
I've lost the plant label has been wonderful. A very heavy and healthy
cropper. This plant started producing fruits at the start of May. But
alas, I don't know its name or variety. Oh well, maybe blind chance
will do the same next year.