Old 01-07-2007, 08:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jim Kingdon Jim Kingdon is offline

Default Tomatillo question

Been reading all about your crops of tomatillos. What else besides Green
Salsa do you make with them?

You can make a succotash or whatever you want to call it. Take any
combination of tomatillos, tomatoes, beans, zucchini, corn, onions,
garlic, etc and cook in a pan.

As for growing them, ours are roughly the size of our tomatoes (but
this our first year growing them, so I don't know exactly how big
they'll end up). I use commercial tomato cages (I like the folding
ones, for easier winter storage), which are roughly like the photos
which were posted here but not quite as big/sturdy. Seem to work OK.