Old 01-07-2007, 09:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
betsyb betsyb is offline

Default Tomatillo question

Jalapeno Jam Jelly and Preserves Recipes

Ingredients:
3 medium green peppers
2 jalapeno peppers (2- inch size)
1 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
6 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
6 ounces Certo liquid pectin
lots green food coloring or red.

Directions:

Seed and coarsely chop green peppers. Seed and chop jalapeno peppers wearing
rubber gloves. Combine peppers in food processor and puree. Add 1 cup
vinegar and blend thoroughly. Transfer to deep saucepan and add remaining
vinegar, sugar and cayenne pepper, blending well. Bring to a full rolling
boil, stirring frequently. Stir in pectin and continue to boil one minute
longer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and skim off foam. Pour into
sterilized jars to seal.

NOTES : It is important to make sure that the peppers are about medium in
size and only 3 are used. To many peppers will add to much liquid and the
jelly will not set.

This recipe for Jalapeno Jelly serves/makes 6 half-pints.

--

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
the intention of arriving safely in an attractive

BetsyB

"betsyb" wrote in message
I don't right now. I made it once and never again. Nobody liked it but me.
I think I called the company that makes the pectic and got it from them. I
will look online for you.

--

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in
one hand, Starbucks in the other, totally worn
out and screaming, "WOO HOO. what a ride!"

BetsyB

"Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the
Don't send me any freakin' spam wrote in message
I did last year, but I didn't like it. Do you have a good recipe that you
would like to share? I made it years ago and it was quite good, I just
don't care for the recipe I used last time.

"betsyb" wrote in message
Have you made Jalapeno Jelly? It is wonderful with bagels and cream
cheese.