Old 02-07-2007, 12:49 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Chemlawn *******s

beecrofter wrote:
On Jul 1, 3:51 pm, zxcvbob wrote:
Sprayed broadleaf herbicide and who knows what else thru the chain link
fence from my neighbor's yard into my garden again. Killed my squash,
and the tomatillo closest to the fence looks stunted a bit.

Last time they did this they left a calling card. This time, I don't
know for /sure/ that it was them because there was no little sign left
in the yard. I'm gonna call the county Monday and find out who they
sent out to spray the fence line (the county owns the house) and then
complain to the EPA this time instead of complaining directly to Chemlawn.

I don't think the EPA will yank their applicator's license, but there
ought to be a stiff fine for applying pesticides without following the
label restrictions.

Bob

It's called "Chemical Trespass"
But if you were to roundup a swath a few feet into their property they
wouldn't need to spray near the fence any more

I don't want to **** off the lady that lives there. She has enough
problems already, and she's not the one hiring Chemlawn.

Bob