Old 01-07-2007, 08:02 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Li Li is offline

Default Warning to dogs and people that swim in lakes and ponds

Algae and bacteria are two different things, though both can have "blooms".
Which is it? This posting seems to be very confused.

"KC" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 30, 5:47 pm, "
wrote:

Vita emerged from the water and looked as if she was going to vomit.
She threw up lake water three times.

After the third time throwing up, she lay down and closed her eyes. I
began to suspect she may have heat stroke.

I immediately placed ice on her stomach and checked her gums.
They were pink. I took her temperature which was 101.9, still normal.

I then called my Vet .....

So while out walking and exercising the dog he just happened to have a
bag of ice and a rectal thermometer in his pocket. Hmmmmm!