Old 01-07-2007, 08:15 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tom J Tom  J is offline

Default String trimmer string breaks too often

Robert Reznikoff wrote:
I've read previous advice about using only the tip end of the string
for trimming. I try to do that, but most of my trimming are weeds
that grow next to a fence. I have gone from a .80 string to 1.15
string with no better results. Is there a more pliable string that
doesn't break so easily. I seem to spend more time replacing the
string than I do trimming!

When I use my string trimmer next to the fence or next to the concrete
curb, it eats it up fast also. I just make sure I'm running more
string out so it doesn't get any shorter than avout 4 inches. It's a
lot easier to keep it run out than to take the head apart and
re-thread. There are adapter heads to put blades or chain trimers on.

Tom J