Old 31-03-2003, 09:44 AM
Rachel Sullivan

Default Will my clematis sieboldii survive?

In article , K
writes

"Keith" wrote in message
: Mine is in a big pot underneath an evergreen bush. It's survived the snow
: and the frost and is now growing pretty fast.
: Even c. cirrhosa 'Freckles' is doing pretty well. I'm having more trouble
: with the normal hybrids than the difficult to grow varieties.
:
: Keith (West London)
:
'
My sieboldii survived the snow, too. It didn't seem to like the recent
frosty nights and warm days.

'Freckles' is next on my list to try. Is it a particularly difficult one?

Not as difficult as sieboldii. It seems to be like most of the
evergreens - unpredictable. It's not as hardy as armandii, but OK on a
sheltered wall - though I know it tolerates poorer conditions than that
perfectly well ... if it feels helpful.

--
Rachel
Clematis Web Site