Old 01-07-2007, 09:35 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Pond PVC? :-)

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 22:43:12 CST, "Bill Stock"
wrote:

I was going to use ABS for my bottom drain, but each coupling is another
chance for a leak and I need about 3 joins. Plus the couplings will make the
pipe that much bigger, something I don't need for my tunneling project. But
I was on the Home Depot site and I saw this flexible PVC. It's funny looking
stuff, kinda looks like non kink hose with the ridges filled in. It looks
different than the standard sprinkler PVC I've seen. I checked a couple of
pond sites and one carries the funny looking stuff and the other looks more
like the standard PVC I'm used too. But it's a little hard to tell from the
blurry pictures.

So does the funny stuff exist or is it my imagination? How does it compare
to the standard flexible PVC?

I used 4" schedule 40 PVC with long sweeps for turns and a Tetra drain
on my bottom drain. I doubt I'll dig it up again. If it should plug
I can easily shove a water hose through it, or plumbers tape.

Regards,

Hal