Old 02-07-2007, 08:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Carol Hague Carol Hague is offline

Default Garden centre - Seed packets rant!

Mary Fisher wrote:

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message

While I'm in ranting mood, the other thing that rattles my cage is items
with no prices on them.

I thought that was illegal according to the EU. I could be wrong, it has
been known ;-)

I used to work as a price checker for a DIY store many moons ago. In
those days the store could be fined £1000 for every missing price label
if they were caught by Trading Standards. Likewise for any item that had
a price label with a lower price than was in the checkout computer (the
other way round was OK because that would be in the customers' favour).

The rules may have changed since then of course, and I've no idea
whether that was a Uk thing or EU wide, so it may or may not apply to
French garden centres.

--
Carol (in Derbyshire)
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put