Old 02-07-2007, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default OT query

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 2/7/07 11:20, in article , "Rupert
(W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Starting this morning I'm seeing messages out of sync. IOW, I'm seeing
answers to posts before I see what they're answering! Anyone know why?

Yes it does happen.Your ISP has got it's servers out of sync. You are
innocent and it's not your fault.

Wow! Something that's not my fault - how lovely! ;-))

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

It can also happen when ISP's are slow passing on or receiving messages
from elsewhere.
I've responded to people's posts, seemingly the first to do so, and then a
few hours later other replies appear that have a time stamp earlier than
mine! It must make people wonder sometimes why they seemingly get replies
repeating what someone else has "already" said.

David.

and on the same tack, am I correct in assuming that some servers 'stack up'
posts and download them all together? I find quite often that there is no
action/life/movement on either emails or newsgroup postings, then all of a
sudden, it's like busses, none for ages then 3 (and a lot more) altogether!!

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk