Old 02-07-2007, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default OT query

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 2/7/07 11:37, in article ,
"David
(Normandy)" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 2/7/07 11:20, in article , "Rupert
(W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Starting this morning I'm seeing messages out of sync. IOW, I'm
seeing
answers to posts before I see what they're answering! Anyone know
why?

Yes it does happen.Your ISP has got it's servers out of sync. You are
innocent and it's not your fault.

Wow! Something that's not my fault - how lovely! ;-))

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

It can also happen when ISP's are slow passing on or receiving messages
from
elsewhere.
I've responded to people's posts, seemingly the first to do so, and then
few hours later other replies appear that have a time stamp earlier than
mine! It must make people wonder sometimes why they seemingly get replies
repeating what someone else has "already" said.

David.

Yes, I'm fairly used to seeing multiple replies of the same nature but
this
morning's experience was a touch Alice in Wonderland.
--

Also it can depend on your news server, and which other news servers they
"talk to". Or something like that.

For instance, I'm seeing posts just below this thread headed Re- newby
tomato question, and Re - Echinacea, but I'm not seeing the OP to either of
those. The OPs are quoted though, and both are on zetnet which I assume is
relevant, but don't ask me to explain it.

Steve