Old 02-07-2007, 10:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Puffball

"joevan" wrote in message
On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 20:19:13 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Padraig" wrote in message

Oh! That's not what we call a puffball!

Our puffball is a very large edible fungus.

http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/fo...-puffball.html

What you show so well is what we call a dandelion clock!

Mary

Another nice difference on the other side. I hear a dumpster is called
a skip, is that right? A place where rubbish is placed.

I've never heard of a dumpster but yes, a skip is a large metal container
for rubbish. It comes from the same Scandinavian root as 'skep' - a basket
or, as is used these days, a straw beehive.

Mary