Old 02-07-2007, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_2_] Alan Holmes[_2_] is offline

Default Garden centre - Seed packets rant!

"Carol Hague" wrote in message
David (Normandy) wrote:

I don't know if it is supposed to apply in France, but it is certainly
not
enforced. It depends on the garden centre, but as a generalisation I'd
say
that at least 10% of plants don't have a price label on them here. It
gets
rather tedious chasing up members of staff to find a price, so as I
mentioned, sometimes I just don't bother unless the plant has real 'wow'
factor.

It's certainly annoying - I'm like you, I won't buy things that aren't
priced unless it's something I need badly.

I usually take anything like that to the till, if it is a reasonable price I
take it, otherwise let them keep it!