Old 02-07-2007, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Les Hemmings Les Hemmings is offline

Default OT Is this a record?

CWatters wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Depressing, isn't it? ;-(

Some years back my wife and went abroad at christmas instead of in the
summer. We went to the Canaries, sat on the beach and explored the
island in an open top jeep. Didn't heard a single Christmas song for
the whole week. Fantastic. Came back when christmas was all over
feeling a million dollars - much better than after a summer holiday.
No presents to buy, no need to entertain visitors, no bottles of
booze with naff names. Highly recommended.

We tried the same xmas escape in Morocco (Fes)... went into the medieval
medina, donkeys the only "heavy" transport, tiny covered streets... We
walked for miles past the old tanneries and the ancient madrassas until we
came upon a small, dark hole in the wall. An elderly Berba chap, possibly
167 years old (well, he looked it!) was selling..... BLOW UP SANTAS!!!!

Bugger!

Les
--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

"These people believe the souls of fried space aliens inhabit their
bodies and hold soup cans to get rid of them. I should care what they
think?"...Valerie Emmanuel

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA