Old 03-07-2007, 06:45 AM posted to rec.gardens
sherwindu sherwindu is offline

Default Lycopene in tomatoes

Billy Rose wrote:

In article ,
sherwindu wrote:

Rose,

You are an idiot. I hope you never get to taste any Israeli products. Maybe
you
should offer the Palestinians a home in your town. Who cares what you think
about
Israel's policies. You obviously know nothing about the situation over
there.
Your
comments don't belong in a gardening site.

Sherwin D.

Well, gardeners do nurture and try to bring harmony out of chaos. A
gardener of humanity, if you like. Where the harvest is peace and
contentment.

A tomato (Israel's Lyc-O-Mato) was the entry point for this thread.
Since the original post, I have give two reasons for shunning this
particular tomato (1) political (I don't support fascists)

Nobody on this gardening site should really care about your anti-semetic
predjudices. You can brand the Israeli's as facists, but I think they are just
defending their country.

and, (2)
misrepresentation of Lyc-O-Mato's nutritional value.

I am very pleased to say, we already have Palestinian neighbors, thank
you. Christian Arabs who also were chased from their homes by the IDF.

More t han likely they were fleeing from the civil wars between Palestinians
many of whom have as much contempt for Christians as Jews.

Israel obviously doesn't care about what I think, or even what the UN
General Assembly thinks.

Why should they care about the UN which is filled with Moslem countries
bent on destroying the Jewish State.

They (Israel) claim that God is on their side.
Hmmm. Where have I heard that before?

Well, at least they don't think there are 30 virgins waiting for them in heaven
if they just blow themselves up on a civilian bus or restaurant.

Your right, this is not the venue for this discussion but I would be
curious to know what factual basis you have for dismissing me as an
idiot. I presume you have reasons and that this isn't just another
instance of divine revelation or howling at the Moon.

First of all, you admire Finkelstein, who in my opinion is also an idiot.

Second, you know nothing about the history of the Middle East region,
but are ready to believe the bull shit propaganda put out by anti-semites,
and other twisted people.

Thirdly, you are upsetting this forum by bringing in your political views
for which I particularly don't give a damm.

I think I will run down to the grocery and buy some Jaffa oranges.

Sherwin

--
Billy