Old 03-07-2007, 02:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
T r a v i s T r a v i s is offline

Default Gunnera and more 2nd try

"joevan" wrote in message
On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 15:41:05 GMT, "T r a v i s" wrote:

"Ann" wrote in message
news
"T r a v i s" expounded:

That came through! Gunneras are huge when full-grown, it will tower
over him eventually.

It is already taller than him but the angle doesn't show it. The
Gunnera has been in the ground 3 years. It gets more leaves each
year.

I was curious and had to look it up. Interesting stuff here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunnera

About 4 or 5 years ago someone from British Columbia posted a picture of
his Gunnera here and I was hooked. It dies back to the ground in the
winter here and then I mulch it with about a foot of sawdust. I water
it frequently during summer dry spells.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington