Old 03-07-2007, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Gray Nick Gray is offline

Default Courgettes

"Peter James" wrote in message
news:1i0l1ap.1xdilogtn5dzdN%pfjames2000@googlemail .com...
I purchased two small courgette plants from my local garden centre back
in March/April. One was the variety "Ambassador" a F1 hybrid that seems
to be well recommended in the gardening web sites. It has been a
conspicuous failure. Every fruit so far has rotted off before it gets
to a size worth picking. The other, alas I don't know the variety as
I've lost the plant label has been wonderful. A very heavy and healthy
cropper. This plant started producing fruits at the start of May. But
alas, I don't know its name or variety. Oh well, maybe blind chance
will do the same next year.

Hi Peter,

Could you phone the local garden centre and ask them what courgette seedling
they stocked in the spring? It's unlikely to be more than 2 or 3 varieties,
so this might at least reduce the 'blind chance' next year.

HTH

Cheers

Nick
http://www.ukgardening.co.uk