Old 03-07-2007, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Garden centre - Seed packets rant!

In article om,
Crivens writes

In the first garden centre I looked, there were literally hundreds of
packets of seeds with no visible information on the front regarding sowing
dates and harvesting dates - this was buried in text on the back of the
packets.

David,
I have had the same problem but I now use this site (http://www.the-
gardeners-calendar.co.uk)to help me plan the planting schedules. If
you click on the vegetable you are interested in, you are taken to a
page with different varieties and planting schedules. Not everything
is covered, but it has been getting better over the past few months.
I hope it helps,
Crivens

There's also a good one on Nickys seeds website

http://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/seed...s/calendar.htm
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph