Old 03-07-2007, 02:31 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default Do Ponds Need SOMETHING that Burgeons?

k wrote:

My other pond has fish and plants and the fish are not
fed. It does have a waterfall. The fish waste is taken
care of by the plants, including a heavy growth of
hornwort and the waterfall full of rock. Everyone
thrives and reproduces. I suspect there are insect
larvae in the hornwort. Snails get eaten and I haven't
seen any outside the waterfall container.

So are you saying that you use nothing other than natural systems to
filter the pond? Or do you have a filter in addition to the plants? Or
do you use the waterfall as a veggie filter?

Gill