Old 03-07-2007, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default OT Is this a record?

On 3/7/07 13:48, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes

Last year, I was
asked to choose our Christmas cards in July (IIRC) by a company that acts
for a lot of charities.

However as a printer could I point out Sacha that to get the cards as
cheap as possible and make money for the charity an early large order
would help keep costs down. Also it takes a few weeks to get plates and
stuff made then print, fold sort and box cards plus then sort them into
orders and to get them to customers before say November means that you
are looking at September being the last sort of date.

Janet

I do appreciate the technical difficulties and also that all these firms and
charities are competing with each other but July.........! I think I don't
like it because it seems to be trying to make the time scurry past even
faster than it does now! Mentally, I'm still somewhere in March, even if
the calendar does tell me a different story. And somehow, it's even worse
when the weather is as terrible as it is now - makes winter gloom and rain
loom even closer. ;-(

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk