Old 03-07-2007, 02:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Too many seedlings

, I, Marvo, say :

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message

Don't suppose anyone wants about 200 lupins?

No idea what colour they are, but they all germinated, all grew on,
and are now in peat pots with the roots growing through.

I think I'll put them in the woods and see what happens.

I like lupins - they're from my childhood - but when I tried to grow
them here they suffered enormous grey aphids.

I don't warm to enormous grey aphids :-(

I don't warm to slugs either, and they love young lupins. But I put the pots
I wanted into the ground, and put propagator tray lids on them, to stop them
getting over-watered, then put a liberal dash of slug pellet round the
trays. Must have got a few hundred of the blighters.