Old 03-07-2007, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Hampton Court Travel advice please

"John T" wrote
We are going to Hampton Court tomorrow for the first time. Two couples
travelling from the Midlands.

I have been advised to take the train and think that is the best option.
Our friends disagree and wish to drive, despite warnings of congestion.

any unbiased views please

As others have said, if you aren't used to driving in London don't drive to
the showground, that area around Hampton Court is usually busy even by our
standards let alone at show time when it grid locks. I know the back doubles
around there but it's still a nightmare during show week. If you look on the
RHS site there are a couple of Park and Ride areas if you really must come
by car otherwise use the train.
Of course there are the scheduled river boats....
http://www.turks.co.uk/scheduled_services.htm
http://www.parrboats.co.uk/

--
Regards