Old 03-07-2007, 09:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
John - Pa. John - Pa. is offline

Default Need ID

I'm used to calling this flower Stokesia laevis, aka "Stokes Aster"
and I think that this is the "Blue Danube" cultivar.

On the other hand, I have also seen this plant presented as Scabiosia
too. For a while I thought that these names were synonymous, but as I
research it now it looks like they are completely different orders.

I've got both the "Blue Danube" stokes aster that I bought as a plant
years ago, and some species Stokesia that is in its second year from
seed and just now blooming for the first time. I'll post a shot of
both for comparison.

JD

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 02:07:27 GMT, "Jane Doe"
wrote:

Not really sure what these little guys are, if someone could ID them I
really would appreciate it.

Thank you,
Mariana
NJ