Old 04-07-2007, 02:49 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bill Stock Bill Stock is offline

Default Pond PVC? :-)

"~ jan" wrote in message
news
Bottom Drains cemented in.

Here we deal with sand, sand mix with bigger sand (also called rocks.
And stuff out at the D.pond they call clay (ick).

Anyway, before I ever did a bottom drain, luckily another ponder had done
it in his soil which is the 2nd above. He didn't cement it. A year later
he
decided to go deeper and found that the drain had settled several inches
and stretched the liner to almost nothing. Talk about lucky it didn't give
way.

You guys are never happy, you're always finding ways to give me new
pondmares. I get the tunneling started (almost) and you start talking about
Bottom Drains sinking to the tenth level of HELL! Sheesh!