Old 03-07-2007, 11:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George.com George.com is offline

Default Have I let my broccoli go to long

"Ann" wrote in message
cloud dreamer expounded:

I've never grown broccoli but I remember reading that you have to keep a
close eye on it because once it flowers it's no good. It's the reason I
won't grow it.

It's not all that picky, just eat it before the florets open. You're
missing a really nice treat! Easy to grow and delicious!

I get the odd one where the florets have open a little and it really is not
noticable, especially if you have it mixed in a stir fry or the like. If
totally gone to flower that may be a different story.

rob