Old 04-07-2007, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Too many seedlings

On 3/7/07 19:30, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes

Okay, I won't! ;-) These will be hugely appreciated when she receives them
though. ;-)
I'll have to see if Ray's got any E.fastuosum going spare this year or next
- just to give you a bit of contrast!

Well actually I only grew the Blue Spires as some people had seen them
on a coach trip to Devon and I said I would have a go at growing them. I
actually forgot they were the tall ones so put a load into a seed tray
and was happily planning to plant them as fillers for spaces
I'll put some in the post to you. But PLEASE no tropical plants back,
though I appreciate the thought and offer

Also just bought a Deutzia setchuensis so cuttings have been
taken............

Janet

I have a Dianthus 'Green Lanes' looking at me reproachfully which I have to
pack up and send to Bob. If there's another going spare this year or next,
I think you'd like it. It never went into commercial production because the
stems aren't as long as some but it's a really gorgeous white flower with a
wonderful scent. You do know that if your Echiums flower and set seed you
will have literally hundreds of them, don't you? ;-)
I thought I'd lost mine after an unusual frost in Jersey but come the spring
there must have been about 300 of them around the garden. On Tresco they
grow like weeds - literally - and seem to hybridise into all manner of
shapes and colours - gorgeous things.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk