Old 04-07-2007, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Too many seedlings

, I, Marvo, say :

Mary Fisher writes

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message

Don't suppose anyone wants about 200 lupins?

No idea what colour they are, but they all germinated, all grew on,
and are now in peat pots with the roots growing through.

I think I'll put them in the woods and see what happens.

I like lupins - they're from my childhood - but when I tried to grow
them here they suffered enormous grey aphids.

I like them, but they're slug-fodder.

I'm now trying to grow one in the slug-free environment of the
greenhouse. Ridiculous.

If it's in a pot, it is ridiculously easy to keep slugs/snails off.

Vaseline round the pot
Soot from the fire
Slug pellets
Nematode worms