Old 04-07-2007, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
PigPOg PigPOg is offline

Default Toadstalls in lawn

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 11:45:28 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

It might depend, too, on whether your houses were built on fields used for
grazing. In one house I used to have, we had such a field and a farmer
grazed his cows over it, thus fertilising it regularly. One autumn we had
the most enormous and continuing crop of mushrooms I've ever seen. It
never happened again.

Thanks for the reply however, the garden was completely re-landscaped
to a fairly deep level (0.5 metre in places) so in our case the above
is unlikely to apply. Thanks anyway Sacha.

Regards,
Simon