Old 04-07-2007, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Too many seedlings

In article , Sacha
writes

I have a Dianthus 'Green Lanes' looking at me reproachfully which I have to
pack up and send to Bob.

Sounds lovely, Old Mother Hubbard has had to be nursed back to
civilisation as it didn't seem to like the damp winter, but the
fragrance is so good it's worth it!

You do know that if your Echiums flower and set seed you
will have literally hundreds of them, don't you? ;-)

Oh, right ................. maybe I'll just let you try then!
Saw a lovely Philadelphus (I think) the other night at Field End
Nurseries. Called madrensis and smelled vaguely of bubble gum but much
better, much smaller than normal Philadelphus and so pretty whilst in
flower. Trouble was it had just been given to him so he was hanging on
to it and any cutting material for the moment!

Janet

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph