Old 04-07-2007, 06:32 PM
grayham45 grayham45 is offline
Registered User

Thumbs down pond dilemma

Hello I am a pond virgin
I have chosen a pre-formed pond and have dug the hole ready for it, i filled with soft sand and got the pond in place all lovely and level.
I covered with tarpaulin to stop the rain getting in, unfortunately due to the high level of rain we have had the watet got under the pond and washed away all the sand. As we have clay soil the water just sat on the bottom of hole i now have a very horrible sludgy hole, has anyone any advice as to what i can do to stop the water building up under pond, i am reluctant at the moment to just put pond in backfill with soft sand and fill right up and hopefully the water underneath pond will slowly disperse away.