Old 04-07-2007, 06:44 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default POND EQUIPMENT HORRORS

My father taught me one simple Murphy's rule. "Make a hole and water
will find a way in." My corollary is "make a hole and water will find
a way out." I have a pond principle ...KISS.

A properly constructed veggie filter will:
remove silt by passive settling.
remove nutrients by plants.
look good, enhance the pond.
be constructed so that if for some reason any part including the
return is blocked, the water will overflow back into the pond.
it requires a single pump with no doodads attached.
need almost no maintenance!!!!

Mostly men, but sometimes women, get excited by and wrapped up in
RUNNING the pond with EQUIPMENT.