Old 05-07-2007, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Plague of snails.

, I, Marvo, say :

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "'Mike'" contains these words:

Have you seen the speeded up animated picture of a Motorway
which has been closed and left to nature for about 250 years I
think it is?

They had Motorways 250 years ago! Sheesh, I'd never have believed
that there were enough horses, carts and stagecoaches to warrant it!

--

With the Earth being a reputed 36,000 Million years old, do you
seriously believe that we of 2007, are the most advanced human beings

There is a poster in the Roman Villa at Brading here on the Isle of
Wight which shows how the Roman Villa, which was the centre of a very
prosperous community with farms, factories and a harbour in the very
early part of the AD Century, ran into decay and was eventually
covered 'by nature and natural causes' until it was rediscovered in
the late 19th century,.nearly 2000 years later.

And do you not think that there is quite likely to be far more
intelligent life out there in space? Do you honestly believe that
'we' are far more clever than 'anything else'?

Not all of us, no.