Old 05-07-2007, 05:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Salmon Egg Salmon Egg is offline

Default Soil sterilization and mosquitos

On 7/5/07 9:06 AM, in article
, "Sailor"
wrote:

I'm in SW Florida, and just rototilled my vegi garden, and covered it
with clear plastic to sterilize the soil.
I have to deal with the water that is left on the plastic after
rains. I don't like mosquitoes!.
should I cut holes in the many places that the water sits?
Can I spray something on it a few days after it rains? It rains every
few days for 5 - 30 minutes this time of year.
Any ideas?
Thanks

I use Mosquito Dunks in my hydroponics reservoirs. It uses a bacterium
bacillus thuringiensis to kill the wrigglers. This bacterium is available in
a form that can be sprayed.

Bill
--
Iraq: About three Virginia Techs a month